So, for the last 2 weeks, Maddox has been binky free!!! I was SO afraid for this transition. I had talked about doing it for months and months but we were always going somewhere or he had gotten sick or something. Finally, a few weeks ago, a woman in the nursery had totally (somehow) pumped Maddox up about saying Bye Bye Binky and being such a BIG BOY. So, we went home from church and thought, what the heck!?So we just jumped right into it. Nap was fine (probably because he was just so tired). Night time was a little difficult. He may have cried for like 20 minutes before Tommy couldn't stand it any longer and went in a snuggled him. The hardest part was just getting him to calm down enough to settle into bed. But, he did it! The first 2 days were probably the hardest (even though they weren't NEARLY as bad as I was expecting). He still asks for it sometimes if we are in a store and he is really upset or something like that but, he will never see them again! I am so PROUD of him. Silly what makes us proud huh? But, you will NEVER see this face again!!!!
(See what I mean by utterly, disgustingly attached?)
2 comments:
Hahaha nice picture!
Wow! I can only hope that our "bye bye binky" time goes as smoothly as his! It still scares the crap out of me! haha!
Post a Comment