9.16.2009

You know they are growing up when....

They put their shoes on themselves:



 They are soo cool sitting in their brand new booster at the "big people" table that they have to wear their shades during breakfast...


HAHAHA.... He just cracks me up! I have soo much fun hanging out with him every day and watching him learn and grow. Maddox is deffinately an entertainer!
So, in other news... We decided to take the binky away during the day time because he was WAY to attached. He was not happy unless he had it in his mouth ALL DAY and it was starting to drive me crazy. So, we have limited the binky to the crib only. The first few days have been TOUGH but he is getting better. Now I just need to figure out how to get him to stop screaming in the middle of the store without giving him the binky...??? Note: Screaming = at the top of his lungs, high pitched shrieking so bad you would think his life was going to be over. UGH!

3 comments:

Teryn said...

How cute ;) We took Claira's binki away when she was about his age. What we did that worked really well was I gathered all of her binki's and put them in a baggy.. then, we took them over to our friends house who just had a baby and I asked Claira if she would give them to our friends baby bc the baby needed them (truly, I did not BELIEVE this would work) and to my surprise, she did. She asked for a binki one or two times after that and I would just reply, we gave them to baby addison, remember? And that was that. Done. Good luck!

Megan said...

haha oh boy, I'm not looking forward to taking away Ryleigh's either! She does the SAME THING in the store!! I have several times forgotten to bring one with me and had to open up a new package in the store before paying for it just so we can finish shopping! I'll be praying for you :D

Meg B said...

Yay for no binky- it is so hard to do. That is why I JUST took the binky away from Madie- it was just so easy to let her have it in the store and not be embarassed. We have a childrens boutique down the street from us that sells cute binkys with little comments on them, and I actually got my new niece a glittery pink one that says "mute button" because it is so sad but true!

The Best Thing To Hold Onto In Life Is Each Other