1.16.2012

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Baby Avery!

Avery turned one on Jan. 12th. The days prior to her birthday I couldn't help but to be brought back to the few days prior to her birth. How SO much has changed. I remember preparing the house, doing last minute fun things with Maddox, making tutu's with my mom.. We had no idea what the next year would bring. :)
At 8:17pm on Jan 12 our lives changed forever! Some of the things we went through the first few weeks were so hard and personal I don't know if I could ever write them down. I remember when we went to see the specialist for Avery's cleft they talked about how much we would be going through in the first year of her life. Ever since that appointment, I honestly couldn't wait until her first birthday. We went through a lot. Thinking back now I can hardly believe it all... Dr apts every week. Surgeries. Never ending ear infections. Feeding problems. I don't even feel like that was my life a few months ago! I'm sad that ever since she was born, I couldn't wait until her first birthday. I do feel like I missed out on her being a tiny baby and I hate it but there was just so much going on and I accept it. So, to me, celebrating her first birthday was more than just a birthday to me, it was celebrating that we made it through what was (hopefully) the hardest part of her birth defect. I know there is much, much more to come, but I feel like the main things have been taken care of. It was such a happy and special first birthday. It meant so much to me!
So, enough of the mooshy stuff. Since Avery's birthday was so soon after Christmas, we didn't know what to get her.. She had just received more than enough toys and clothes. So, we decided to get her ears pierced! Ahh... She will thank us one day for it right? :)

 She has no idea what is about to happen. She's just enjoying the suckers the nice lady gave her :)

She was pretty upset with us until she fell asleep in the car on the way home and has been fine (with her ears) ever since. She lets me clean them pretty easily and they are SO cute!

So, Happy Birthday Avery!! Haha, we did do a party for her here at my parents house. It was so perfect!












Avery is SO fun! She definitely has more of Tommy in her. She already has a little attitude on her! She does what she wants when she wants or there will be a fit. She is a firecracker.. and a LOUD one! She is just plain loud all of the time. BUT, one of my favorite things she does is when I'm rocking her at night before bed, as we are snuggling she just starts talking so sweet and soft... "ma ma ma maaaaaaa" She will talk herself to sleep... Its the best!
She has recently started giving "kisses". She loves to wave. She loves to ride in Maddox's "McQueen" car. If she is hungry, she eats fast. If she isn't hungry, she throws it off her high chair even faster. She loves climbing the stairs and me coming to get her. SHE LOVES TO DANCE!!!! All her toys that play music she loves to dance to them, and in the car seat she will start nodding her head along to music. Avery is very extreme.. If she is happy, she is the happiest baby you have ever met. But, if she is sad or in pain, she is the loudest, saddest baby ever and is VERY hard to settle down. Hahaha... but I love it about her!!
Happy Birthday Sweet Avery!!!!! Can't wait to see what you'll throw at us this year! :)

3 comments:

Wonders said...

So glad to see you posted! LOve keeping up with your cute little family! Glad your holidays went well and congrats on the house!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

what a sweet little girl you have there, and God bless you for going through such a tough year..I cannot even imagine. Our kids are so worth the hard things though :) I LOVE that she ate her cake by just stuffing her face into it! Hilarious!

None said...

Her little birthday outfit is soooo adorable! I love the cake video too. Can't wait to see her in a few months!
-Cassandra

The Best Thing To Hold Onto In Life Is Each Other