Lesson #1: Satan know's what he is doing. He will do everything he can to prevent us from serving the Lord.
Lesson #2: Don't keep your set of spare keys IN your car.
Yesterday was our stake temple day. As we were running out of the house in a rush to get Maddox to the babysitter's on time and make it for a session, I walk out our garage door trying to juggle the 80 things I'm carrying, and Tommy yells at me "Megan, Maddox locked himself in the car!" Oh crap. That's alright the extra keys are here on the table, where they always are...................................... except for that this time they aren't. Oh CRAP!! (Mind you we are in Phoenix and it is HOTT) So, I scramble to find the keys and I can't so I run out to the car while Tommy tries to look for them. All this time, Maddox is just chillin' in the car, getting his hands on all kinds of fun stuff kept in the center consol. I begin talking to him. "Maddox, where are the buttons?! Can you push the buttons?!" Of course he just thinks we are being silly. Tommy and I take turns running into the house looking for the extra keys. Finally, I tell Tommy to call 911. First, he calls a police friend and they rush over (Thank you Fishers!!). Then Tommy remembers that for the first year, our car comes with onstar. BRILLIANT. I am still trying to play with the little guy and as I see the red cheeks and the sweat beads on his nose, my heart starts to break. "Push the buttons Maddox!" or "Where are the keys?" A few times, he is soo close. After about 20 minutes of this, Tommy yells out "Get away from the door handle" and a few seconds later... CLICK. THANK YOU ONSTAR!! Finally, we have our baby!! Yay!! :) It felt so good for us to hold our little guy! After we settle down... the question is, Can we still make it!? I think so, so our friends that were going to carpool with us rush over and we leave. (Of course, during the drive, I look in one of the consol compartments and, what else could it be but our extra keys. UGH) I hated dropping Maddox off at the babysitter's house, I just wanted to play with him all night! But, we made it in time for our session.You always hear the stories of when you are planning on going to the temple, how something always seems to pop up and you just can't make it. I knew in the back of my mind that this was satan trying to prevent us from doing our work. When we made the decision to still go to the temple, I felt like I had kicked satan in the face. HA! You can't stop us!!!!!!!
Lesson #3: Scary things still happen to good people. I feel like we are pretty good parents and we are pretty aware of our surroundings and the potentially harmful circumstances. This just goes to show that we aren't accident proof!!
2 comments:
Loved your comment about kicking Satan in the face, ha!
Oh my gosh, Megan. Seriously just about the SAME thing happened to me with Adalynn in the car. We were waiting for Jackson to get something and she was getting fussy, so without even thinking I hand her the keys to play with (one of her favorite toys). I think nothing of it, and a few minutes later Jackson comes out to ask me to help him with something. I take two steps away from the car and hear "beep". She locked herself in the car. I FREAKED. Then she liked the beeping noise so she kept biting down on the lock button and all I can hear is beep, beep, beep while I"m frantically searching for our spare key. THANKFULLY, Jackson got her to hit the unlock button one time and we got her out, but, whew talk about scaring me to death!
Oh, we were on our way to church..so I think maybe you're onto something here.
Post a Comment